Launching and generating a business online, calls for some of the major considerations that go for the inception of any other business as well. Known as ecommerce, this particular concept has gained immense success lately but there are drawbacks as well. Listed below are some of the reasons for its failure:
• Lack of online advertisement and publicity: Not having a proper advertisement management adversely affect online business. You essentially need to go for online advertising fliers, cold calls, yellow pages, email shots, referrals, product launches, events, press releases, radio slots, direct marketing and every other thing you would do for retail business.
• Lack of easy product search: With the lack of easy access to the product search and ordering slot, the site, and hence, your business, loses interests of browsers. This might result in your losing out on potential customers and clients.
• Lack of genuineness: In order to make your products reach the customers’ notice, you need to earn the trust of the browser by offering reliability in your site. More detailed text in ‘About Us’ page or display of the credit cards that you accept can be helpful in this case.
• Hidden charges: Make sure you have no hidden charges. Clearly mention all costs on the site itself so that the user is not misled.
• Contact Us: It is insensible to remove your contact address or telephone number or email address from the site. People might want to contact you anytime to discuss issues.
• Delivery information: Lack of proper delivery information leads people to drift from the site and the business. Updated information regarding delivery time, date and process makes things easier.
• Transaction safety: If the transaction process has loopholes, it loses the trust of the customer. Make sure the procedure is perfectly watertight and safe.
• Option of product return: If users do not have the option of returning the goods easily, they will back off. Your site needs to provide due information regarding how to return products.
• Irrelevant classification: The products, if irrelevantly categorized, make the searching process difficult for the user. The titles need to be simple and easily understandable.
• Spam: The fear of spam distracts users. You need to ensure that their private data will not be used without their due approval.
• Improper market targeting: If you have not targeted your market correctly, you will miss out on business. State what makes your product and service different from others in the market.
The above points, if kept in mind while starting ecommerce, can help you see through your business profits smoothly.